Aptamin®C-based Parkinson’s Disease Therapeutic
Cases of clinical failure of existing Parkinson's disease drugs
Development of Parkinson's disease treatment using aptamer
“Since Dr. James Parkinson first discovered the disease, 200 years later, no fundamental treatment has been developed.”
Research and development status
- Experimental progress of Parkinson's disease using Aptamin®C300 (1Q papers will appear in 2020)
- Present at TIDES 2019 (SD,USA) and OTS 2019 (MN, DEU) conferences
- Degenerative brain disease using Aptamin®C (vascular dementia, Alzheimer's dementia) in progress in an animal model (to be completed in the first half of 2020)
Despite the demand and market for Parkinson's disease drugs, which are on the rise due to an aging population, no cases have been developed so far
8,383 mil. USD
Global Parkinson’s Disease drugs market size by 2026
CAGR 2018 - 2026
Approx. 10 mil.
No. of PD patients global
No fundamental cure
For the treatment of degenerative brain diseases
Aptamin® based PD Therapeutics
Research results suggest that Aptamin is effective in the delivery of vitamin C to eliminate it by identifying
ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) that affect dopaminergic neurons as the main cause.
Dopaminergic neurons are exposed to ROS relatively high and are susceptible to Oxidative Stress. Proper removal of ROS is essential
By administration of Aptamin C and vitamin C complexes dopaminergic neurons is inhibited apoptosis and neuroinflammation.
(MPTP induced Parkinson's disease in animal models)
Tyrosine hydroxylase (Dopaminergic neuron marker)
Iba-1 (Neuroinflammation marker)
- Importance of early diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases
- Since there is no technology available to detect neurodegenerative diseases in the early stages, patients go through a time-consuming and expensive diagnosis and treatment process.
Comparison of disease progression (drug treatment)
- Global Neurodegenerative Disease Treatment Market and Prospect
- Molecular diagnosis using biomarkers
- Due to the paradigm shift from treatment to prevention, early diagnosis of disease has become the core of the market.
- Global Molecular Diagnostics Market Status and Forecast (USD in 100M)
Alzheimer Disease MRI contrast-agent
To discovering aptamer - targeting biomarker of degenerative brain disease -, and developing MRI contrast agent for early diagnosis of Alzheimer's.
Detecting oligomer amyloid β in the brain of APP/PS/Tau mice using oAβ targeted Aptamer
OAβ in the patient's blood is detected using oAβ targeted Aptamer